Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flea market at Garden Plus

Buffalo Wilbur just couldn't get out of bed today and we almost missed the flea market at Garden Plus in Pui O. But I forced him out because I told him PALS was setting up a store there and he's a big supporter.

The bad thing about being late was that we missed the vegetarian buffet and some of the better buys. The good thing was that we got quite good bargains as everyone was ready to pack up and go home. I scored some really good chicklit at only HK$10 a book.
And we did manage to persuade the vegetarian buffet folks to sell us some dishes... the vegetarian noodles were so good I went back for more to put into tomorrow's lunch box.

The Garden Plu flea market did have a nice atmosphere. There are tables set up for you to have a meal and basically just chill out... which is what Buffalo Wilbur did while I went bargain hunting.

There weren't very many people around, probably because it was near closing time. But I think they could build up quite a crowd if they held this regularly. Maybe one Sunday a month?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Continuing to enjoy your Lantau posts! Thought you might enjoy another batch of 'old' Mui Wo pictures... as this time of year comes around and my thoughts turn to Silvermine Days. :)

    http://fisherlane.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/green-april-rain-2/

    ReplyDelete