Thursday, September 29, 2011

Typhoon Nesat

First Typhoon 8 signal this year. I am stuck at home because there doesn't seem to be bus services and the couple of taxis cruising by are asking for exorbitant rates to brave the high mountain pass with wind speeds of over 120 kph.


A few brave souls are venturing out to take in the full glory of the typhoon. We went out for a bit to assess the situation and see if I could get something that will get me to work.

Within seconds my spectacles were so spattered with rain I had to grope my way home.

The weatherman says the signal will be lowered by afternoon. I certainly hope so because I don't fancy having to argue with my bosses tomorrow about why I couldn't get into work at all.


By the way, that poor blue Mercedes in the picture had been parked there all night and been doused with sea water almost non stop. It will need a thorough cleaning to avoid rust in the engine.

I'm not sure that's what the Observatory had in mind when it advised to "park your car where it will not be damaged" though.

No comments:

Post a Comment