Friday, May 4, 2012

Is there a vet in the house?

One big draw of Mui Wo when we considered moving here was the SPCA clinic right in the heart of town. In fact, Buffalo Wilbur often jokes that the cat is all set but her humans are not (as the only choice we have is an understaffed government clinic).

But even so, I have resisted taking the cat to the vet because she gets all stressed up... until Buffalo Wilbur decided she really should get a check up as she's getting on in years and booked her in without asking me.

I don't know what I was so worried about.

Dr Cheryl was wonderful. All she did was stroke her and my nervy cat went all relaxed. The vaccination was a cinch -- not a peep! And we were out of the flat for all of 10 minutes. Such a difference compared to our other vet visits!

The cat is due for a booster shot in three weeks' time and thanks to the lovely Dr Cheryl, I won't be up teh whole night worrying this time.

Btw, the photo above is from the SPCA website because, in the true spirit of Waterbuffalo anonymity, I thought I wouldn't drag the cat into the blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment