Monday, March 21, 2011

Mad March weather


March really can't seem to make up its mind.

When I left for the ferry this morning, the coastal fog made it look like mid-winter. Now the sun is out, the temperature is 26C and it looks just like summer.

But I can't get rid of my fleece yet because the weatherman says a cold front is approaching tomorrow which will send the temperatures plummeting again.

I don't mind the hot/cold fluctuation so much as the coastal fog, which really screws up my work schedule (I have a strict boss who makes sure I clock in nine hours a day, to the minute).

And it can be unnerving sitting in the ferry in the morning, surrounded by white nothingness and hearing the mournful sound of the foghorn.

Especially when the waves suddenly get bigger, you see a flash of light... and realise a 20-storey container ship has just pass less than 1km in front of you.

Buffalo Wilbur keeps reminding me that all the ships have radar so it's not as scary as it looks.

But I don't and it's really unnerving feeling like a sitting duck.

Should I ask for a personal radar for my birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment