Saturday, March 26, 2011

Support your local Japanese place



I sent Buffalo Wilbur an article from a local newspaper about how Japanese restaurants in Hong Kong are hurting because of the radiation food scare.

He emailed back: "Let's go support Pui O Delicious."

I never turn down an offer to visit the restaurant because I love the food there so today, we did our usual Mui Wo-Pui O hike and were there by lunch to have our favourite sukiyaki and stir-fried beef rice.

In case you're wondering, Pui O Delicious gets all its stuff from places outside Japan, including the US and Australia.

The only food items they import from Japan are the scallops and ice-cream but the stock is pre-quake so most of it has sold out anyway.

It has also added a new snack menu, which I was too full to try. But I am definitely eyeing that deep-fried Japanese cheesecake (which I'll bet won't be from Japan). Yums!

1 comment:

  1. There is only one thing better than shopping in Hong Kong, and that's eating. From small noodle joints to upscale French restaurant, you will locate all sorts of restaurant, eating hall and snack stall on earth in Hong Kong. Here I found small amount of Hong-Kong-styled snacks online (http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com/). This is definitely a good choice before I have $ for another trip.

    ReplyDelete