Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You tell 'em, Samantha!

Every time I look out of the window and see the small ferry waiting to take me to work, it puts me in a bad mood. "Let it go," Buffalo Wilbur keeps saying.

I know, I know, it's a small grumble try but it does get me rant-y.

Thank goodness I am not alone. Way to go, Samantha!

SCMP letter: Ferry change backward move

I would like to raise a question with New World First Ferry regarding the 8.30am fast ferry from Mui Wo to Central.

On one occasion it put one of the smaller boats on this run as opposed to the regular catamaran.

Passengers accepted this as sometimes there are boat faults and it is understandable. However, since April 1, when First Ferry increased passenger fares from HK$25.50 to HK$28.40, it has been a smaller boat on the 8.30 route.

Could the company please explain the increase in cost and the decrease in passenger consideration?

The smaller ferries are obviously less comfortable, often have an unpleasant odour and are invariably more cramped.

Why should it have changed firstly when the prices have been increased and secondly given that the catamaran has been the regular 8.30 ferry for a considerable period of time? Surely the commuters who use this ferry service deserve better than this?

Samantha Bell, Lantau

No comments:

Post a Comment